How to transfer programs and files to new PC
In this article, we will see how to transfer to new PC (desktop or laptop), from one computer to another. The transfer will preserve your programs, settings, documents, pictures, music, movies, favorites, wallpaper and the rest of your stuff, transferring to a Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 7 computer.
When you get a new computer, the first thing to do is to get it installed and personalized. This means installing all your programs, configuring all your settings and then copy all the files. This is a lengthy process, not to mention that you may not have the old disks and not remember which settings you have always used. Fortunately, there is an easier way to transfer - using a dedicated tool called Zinstall WinWin, which can transfer programs, settings and files from PC to PC, desktop or laptop - automatically and completely.
There are 3 parts that are important to the transfer:
- Files, such documents, pictures, music, pictures and emails
- Settings, such as user profiles, emails, accounts, passwords, favorites, bookmarks, wallpaper and other personalization
- Programs, such as transferring Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Quickbooks, TurboTax, Firefox, Chrome, and other programs to the new computer
How to transfer programs and files to a new PC
- Run Zinstall WinWin on your current computer (the one you are transferring from).
Note: You can download WinWin here, and its user guide here.
- Run Zinstall WinWin on the new computer
- You don't need to do any configurations for the computers to connect - it's automatic
- If the computers are already connect to same router, same Internet connection, or same wireless connection, you don't need anything else
- If the computers are not connected at all, connect them with a network / Ethernet cable
- If you'd like to select which applications and files you want to transfer, press the Advanced menu. If you just want to transfer everything, you don't need to go to the Advanced menu.
- Press "Go" on the Windows 10 computer to start the transfer