How to transfer iTunes to new computer with Windows 10, 8 or 7
In this article, we'll see how to transfer iTunes, complete with your entire music library, playlists, song ratings and all personal settings, from one computer to another. In fact, you can also transfer other programs and files as well, not just iTunes, and they will all function just as on the old machine.
Of course, you can always install iTunes manually on a new machine. However, you then lose the music you have on the old one, or at least most of it (anything which is not cloud-downloadable).
In this tutorial, we'll learn how to transfer iTunes completely automatically - using Zinstall WinWin, and copy iTunes software, music library, albums, definitions and settings from the old laptop or desktop to the new one. This tutorial works for XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10. Yes, this does mean that you can transfer iTunes even from XP to Windows 10!
How to transfer iTunes from one computer to another
- Download Zinstall WinWin on both computers.
Note: You can download WinWin here, and its user guide here.
- Run Zinstall WinWin on the old computer.
- Run Zinstall WinWin on the new computer.
- You don't need to do any configurations for the computers to connect - it's automatic.
- If the computers are already connect to same router, same Internet connection, or same wireless connection, you don't need anything else.
- If the computers are not connected at all, connect them with a network / Ethernet cable.
- If you'd like to select which applications and files you want to transfer, press the Advanced menu. If you just want to transfer everything, you don't need to go to the Advanced menu. iTunes will be transferred automatically.
- Press "Go" on the new computer to start the transfer
- The transfer will take a while (depending on how much data you have to transfer), and report to you when done.
That's it! You now have iTunes, with all music and albums, on your new computer.
Ready to transfer your iTunes, programs and files? Get Zinstall WinWin here.